Prep time: 10 min, Cook time: 30 min
What can I say? I am literally obsessed with baked oatmeal. I’ve tried a few different varieties now, but this classic combination is easily my favorite!
The best part is you can use this base recipe with a variety of fruit combinations. Pears, blueberries, and strawberries would all be equally delicious.
And its super easy! Chop some fruit, layer with cinnamon, then top with the rest of the ingredients and let the oven do the rest.
I like to use sweeter apples just so I can cut back on any sugar, but feel free to use whatever variety you like and adjust the syrup/sugar as needed.
- 2 medium apples, chopped (I used fuji)
- 1-2 tsp cinnamon, to taste
- 2 c old fashioned oats
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 c milk of choice (I used oat milk)
- 1/4 c maple syrup
- 1/2 c applesauce
- Dash of sea salt
- 1/3 c chopped walnuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Lightly spray a 7×11 baking dish.
- Chop apples and place in a single layer in the baking dish.
- Sprinkle cinnamon to taste.
- Mix remaining ingredients (except walnuts) together in a large bowl, then pour evenly over apples.
- Top with walnuts, if using.
- Bake 25-30 minutes until the edges start to lightly brown.
- Enjoy 😊
This makes about 6 servings and will last up to 5 days in the fridge. Just reheat in the microwave to enjoy later!