Prep time: 10-20 min, Cook time: 20 min
After all the holiday splurges I have been craving something warm, light and fresh. So I came up with this combo and couldn’t not share with you guys!
Packed with fresh veggies and lots of plant protein, this makes a great weeknight dinner. This makes about 6 servings and will reheat and freeze well.
Feel free to swap out the veggies with whatever you like! I used a mixture of fresh and frozen because that’s what I had. Just make sure to cook the frozen first until they thaw a little, then add in all the fresh ingredients.
- 2 c cooked quinoa
- 2 cans chickpeas
- 1 red onion, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 2 c chopped broccoli florets
- 1 bag frozen kale
- 1 c cherry tomatoes
- 2 T minced garlic
- 2 t za’atar seasoning
- 1 T lemon juice
- 2 T olive oil
- 1/2 c vegetable stock
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- Pine nuts (optional garnish)
- In a large stockpot or flat bottom skillet, heat the olive oil on medium heat
- If using frozen vegetables, add them first and cook until they’re thawed to room temperature. Next add onion and sautee until translucent.
- Add remaining ingredients and spices. Mix well. Cover with a lid and simmer until the liquid is absorbed and everything is cooked through.