Prep time: 10 min, Cook time: 30 min
Growing up I used to avoid cranberry sauce on the holidays. The weird jigging can lines were just… odd. But then I learned how to make my own and it’s truly become one of my holiday favorites! Plus there are SO many ways to use leftovers!
- 1lb (16 oz) fresh cranberries
- 2 c water
- 2 oranges (zest and juice)
- 1 pear, peeled and diced
- 1 apple, peeled and diced
- 1 c maple syrup
- 1/2 c apple cider
- 1/2 c dates, chopped
- Pinch of salt
- Bring water and cranberries to a low boil in a medium saucepan.
- Simmer until berries start to burst, about 10 min
- Add zest and juice from 2 oranges
- Stir in chopped pear, apple and dates.
- Add in maple syrup, apple cider and salt.
- Simmer over low heat until sauce thickens. Cool completely before serving or packing away.
This will keep for up to 2 weeks in an airtight container.