Prep time: 20 min, Cook time: 40 min
This dairy-free, egg-free, fiber-packed bread literally tastes like old-fashioned gooey brownies!
I love baking with zucchini! It’s super easy to work with and is easily hidden with cocoa and sugar. If you’ve got some picky littles (or not so littles), it’s a great way to sneak some extra veggies and fiber in.
I just used a standard grater to shred my zucchini. Just chop one end of the zucchini off and grate away using the small side of the grater. A food processor would probably also work well. Make sure to drain excess liquid from your shreds and pat dry before using.
- Approx. 1.5c Shredded zucchini (1 large or 2 smaller zucchini), drained and patted dry
- 1/2 c coconut oil
- 1/2 c apple sauce
- 1 c sugar or sweetener of choice
- 1/2 c cocoa powder
- 3 c sifted whole grain flour or flour of choice
- 2 t baking powder
- 1 t baking soda
- 1/2 t salt
- 1/2 c milk of choice (I used almond milk)
- 3/4 c vegan chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line a bread pan with parchment paper.
- Shread zucchini using a grater. Drain excess moisture and pat dry.
- In a large bowl, mix together the zucchini, oil, sugar, and applesauce.
- Add baking soda, baking powder, cocoa and flour 1 cup at a time.
- Finally add the milk.
- Once a nice batter has formed, fold in chocolate chips.
- Pour into prepared bread pan and bake for about 40 min, until edges are browned and a toothpick comes out clean.
This bread looks amazing! The fact that I already have all the ingredients I will be trying this! Thanks for sharing this super easy recipe. I hope you will stop by my blog as well.
Thanks so much!! Enjoy! 😊
LikeLiked by 1 person