Prep time: 15 min, Cook time: 30 min
I’m back at it again with the oatmeal creations!! This is a perfect fusion of hearty oatmeal and comforting banana bread. And peanut butter literally makes everything better amiright???
Most of the sweetness will come from the bananas. Generally the riper bananas tend to be the sweetest so don’t be afraid of a few dark spots! If your bananas aren’t super ripe, feel free to add a little more syrup or sugar.
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/2 c peanut butter or nut butter of choice
- 1/4 c maple syrup
- 2 c old fashioned oats
- 1/2 c flour of choice (I used sprouted whole wheat, but oat flour would be really nice also)
- 1/4 c milk of choice (I used oat milk)
- 2 t baking powder
- 1 t baking soda
- Dash of salt
- 1/4 c chopped pecans for topping (optional)
- 1-2 T brown sugar for topping (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°. Prepare a 8.5 x 11 baking dish with cooking spray or parchment paper to prevent sticking.
- Mash bananas. Mix well with peanut butter and maple syrup.
- Add oats, flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Stir until everything is well combined.
- Stir in milk. The consistency should be similar to a thick cake batter.
- Pour into baking dish. Top with chopped pecans and sprinkle brown sugar (if using).
- Bake for 25-30 min, until edges are slightly golden.
- Let cool slightly and cut into slices
This makes about 6 servings and is best served warm. Store leftovers in the fridge for up to a week.