Prep time: 5 min, Cook time: 15 min
On a plant based diet, I’m always looking for creative ways to sneak more protein into my meals.
This edamame spaghetti is amazing! It is packed with protein, has minimal ingredients and cooks super fast! It’s just a little bit sweet to me, too, which balances all the spiciness and saltiness of the sauce.
1 8oz package edamame spaghetti (or noodles of choice)
- 1 8oz package edamame spaghetti (or noodles of choice)
- About 5 or 6 sweet peppers or 1 red bell pepper, sliced very thin
- 1/4 c soy sauce
- 1T miso paste
- 1T rice vingegar
- 1t red chili flakes
- 2t ginger paste
- 1T garlic
- 1T sesame seeds
- 2T sesame oil or olive oil
- 2-3T water
- 1/4 c chopped chives
- Chopped cashews for garnish
- Bring water to a boil in a large stockpot or flat bottom skillet.
- Turn off heat, add edamame noodles and cover. Cook for about 4 min, or until tender. (If using other noodles, just cook according to the directions on the package)
- Drain noodles.
- In the same pan, heat oil over low heat.
- Add garlic and ginger and cook 1-2 min
- Add soy sauce, miso paste, chili flakes and rice vinegar and mix well.
- Stir in water 1T at a time until desired consistency is reached.
- Add noodles, peppers and chives back to the pan and toss all together until well mixed.
- Sprinkle in sesame seeds.
- Top with chopped cashews or peanuts.