Prep time: 10 min, Cook time 1 hour
Is there anything better than homemade snack mix???
I usually only make this once or twice a year, due to the high addictiveness of this yummy snack.
You can really use any combination of cereals and ingredients as you wish, below is my favorite combination.
- 3c corn Chex
- 3c rice Chex
- 2c wheat Chex
- 2c Cheerios
- 2c mini pretzels
- 2c bagel chips
- 2c mixed nuts
- 2t onion powder
- 2t garlic salt
- 3T butter of choice (I used Earth Balance)
- 1/4c soy sauce
- 1/4c hot sauce (I used Frank’s Red Hot)
- Preheat oven to 275°.
- Mix dry ingredients and salts in a large roasting pan.
- Melt butter, either in a small saucepan or microwave for 30 seconds.
- Once melted, add soy sauce and hot sauce and mix well.
- Pour sauce over dry ingredients and mix well until every piece is lightly coated.
- Bake for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes.
- Spread out on paper towels to cool.
- Store in an airtight container for up to one week (if it lasts that long).