Prep time: 15 min, Cook time: 30 min
While I normally try to cook healthy, vegetable-forward meals, sometimes a girl just needs a hearty, comforting snack!
A good friend of mine used to make this dip for all of our parties and I’ve been dying to try a veganized version. I think I finally created the perfect one!
You can adjust the amount of jalapeños if you like more or less spiciness. I used 3 and removed all of the seeds completely.
It is 100% worth it to use fresh jalapeños , but fair warning: be careful cutting jalapeños and do not touch you eyes for a while after! (Yes, I learned this the hard way.) I normally try to only touch the peppers themselves with my left hand while keeping the knife in my right. Then I make sure to use my right hand to take my contacts out later lol.
Otherwise this dish is super simple. Just mix together and pop in the oven!
- 3 jalapeños, seeds removed, diced
- 2 6oz packages vegan cream cheese (I used Go Veggie brand)
- 1/2 c plain vegan yogurt (I used Silk Soy)
- 1T minced garlic
- Dash of hot sauce
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- About 1/3 c shredded cheese (I used Miyokos vegan mozzarella)
- 1T butter of choice
- About 5 or 6 Ritz crackers
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Lightly spray pie pan or oven-safe dish with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix cream cheese, yogurt, diced jalapeños, garlic, hot sauce, salt and pepper.
- Once well combined pour into prepared dish.
- Sprinkle with shredded cheese
- Melt 1T butter and mix with crushed Ritz crackers. Sprinkle on top.
- Bake for 30 min.
- Cool slightly and serve with crackers, tortilla chips, veggies or bread.