Prep time: 5 min, Cook time: 30 min
This simple snack is made with just 3 simple ingredients and is packed with deliciousness!
The key to getting them crispy in the oven is to dry them first. I drained and rinsed them and then spread them out on paper towels. I sprinkled a dash of salt to help pull the moisture out and then let them sit for a bit while the oven was heating up.
I then patted the tops down with another paper towel and transferred to a baking sheet.
I think it also helps to coat in olive oil first, then add spices. I’m planning to serve these alongside my lemon garlic hummus (Recipe here) so I am using my Trinidad Lemon Garlic seasoning from the Spice House.
The chickpeas are literally a blank canvas, though, so don’t be afraid to try out different flavors and spice mixes.
- 1 14oz can chickpeas
- 1t olive oil
- 1t seasoning (I used Trinidad Lemon Garlic. Garlic salt would also work nicely)
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Drain and rinse chickpeas. Let sit for about 5 min and pat dry.
- Spread chickpeas in a single layer on a baking sheet and then toss in olive oil.
- Once they are well coated, toss in seasoning.
- Bake for 25-30 min, tossing halfway through.
- I like to add just a sprinkle of more seasoning or sea salt right when they come out of the oven for an extra little pop of flavor.
- Cool slightly and enjoy!
These are great on their own or can really dress up dips and appetizers!