Prep Time: 20 min, Cook Time 35 min
This base recipe would be delicious with any roasted vegetables. I just happened to have a LOT of broccoli on hand that I needed to cook up. This would also be delicious with zucchini or asparagus.
I also LOVE roasting tomatoes! It brings out so much flavor and makes the dish feel really rustic.
Chop vegetables and place in a single layer on a large cookie sheet. Drizzle with olive oil, garlic and sea salt and pepper.
Meanwhile, cook the pasta in a large pan or stockpot. I used whole wheat spaghetti but any kind of pasta will work. I also add a little minced garlic and sea salt to my pasta water to give it a little more flavor.
For a pasta dish, this is still incredibly light and comes together pretty quickly, making it a great weeknight dinner option.
- 5 c broccoli florets
- 4 roma tomatoes, chopped into large chunks
- 1 T minced garlic
- 1 T olive oil
- 16 oz pasta of choice
- Sea salt
- Red pepper flakes (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Chop vegetables and tomatoes and place in a single layer on a large cookie sheet.
- Drizzle with olive oil, minced garlic, salt and pepper. Toss gently to coat.
- Bake for 30 min or just until broccoli tips start to brown. Stir every 10-15 min.
- Meanwhile bring water to a boil in a large pot or pan. Add salt and a little garlic to the water, if desired.
- Cook pasta according to package directions or until al dente.
- Reserve 1 c pasta water before draining noodles.
- Add noodles, pasta water and roasted veggies back to the pot and stir gently to combine.
- Top with a drizzle of olive oil and a sprinkling of sea salt, fresh ground pepper and red pepper flakes for serving.