I am obsessed with hummus. I literally eat it like it is its own food group.
And lemon anything always gets me.
I used to always buy store bought, but this is seriously so easy and it’s so fun to customize flavors! (And also control the ingredients.) I also think the “reserve” bean juice gives it a much lighter texture.
- 2 cans chickpeas, drained and rinsed. Reserve liquid from one can.
- Zest and juice from one lemon.
- 2-3 t minced garlic
- 1 T olive oil, plus more for garnish
- 1/4 c tahini
- Salt, to taste.
- Place beans, lemon zest and juice, olive oil and garlic in a food processor.
- Puree for 2-3 min.
- Add the bean juice a little at a time until the desired consistency is reached. I used about half a can.
- Add salt to taste. Blend on high for another minute.
- Chill for 2-3 hours.
- Top with a drizzle of olive oil, paprika and roasted chickpeas or pine nuts for serving.