Prep time: 10 min
I LOVE chia pudding. It’s such a quick and easy breakfast and it’s loaded with nutrition even though it feels like a sweet treat!
I am hanging on to summer for sure with these flavors!
And the ingredients are super simple!!
I add vegan vanilla Shakeology for extra protein and nutrients, but you can use any vanilla protein powder.
No protein powder? Just use a little vanilla extract, add a little sweetener (1/4 c agave nectar will be perfect!), and cut the milk down to 3 c.
One thing not to skip: Lemon!! Make sure you zest the whole lemon, this really is where all the flavor comes from!!
Also, make sure to add the milk a little at a time and keep stirring to keep the chia/protein mixture from getting clumpy.
- 1/2 c chia seeds
- 2 scoops vanilla protein powder
- 1 lemon, zest and juice
- 4 c almond milk (or other milk of choice)
- 2 c blueberries, fresh or frozen
- Mix chia seeds and protein powder in a large bowl
- Zest lemon and add
- Juice lemon and stir into bowl
- *if using additional sweetener and/or vanilla, add now
- Add almond milk, 1 cup at a time, making sure chia seeds and protein powder are thoroughly mixed in.
- One all the milk has been added, stir in the blueberries.
- *Note: At this point the mixture should be pretty thin. It will thicken in the fridge as the chia seeds soften and absorb the liquid.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge. Let set for st least 6 hours or overnight.
- Top with slivered almonds, lemon zest or pine nuts for serving.